Saturday, February 4, 2012

coaching hoop

Wow, it's been two months since I've last posted, that's bad! Chels reminded me yesterday that I need to get on the ball! I got into wedding planning mode and neglected the blog, sorry.

#22 was to get into some sort of regular volunteering. I kind of knew I wanted to try coaching, but I was scared of it at the same time. Well, the opportunity presented itself when I saw that my church, St. John's, was starting up some basketball leagues. I called the director to see if they needed any help, and it turns out that they did for the 11th and 12th grade girls' team! I would be co-coaching with a guy named Ray. Perfect! I could get my coaching feet wet, but have some pressure taken off by sharing the responsibility.

We started in mid-November and it's been fun! Only one practice a week on Wednesday and games on Saturday. It's really laid back, and pretty fundamental. These are the girls that didn't want to play on their high school teams, but still wanted some exercise. We focus on the basics and get really excited when they make a free throw, sooo you imagine my delight when at one of our games last month every single girl scored!!



This also was our first win, so it was kind of a big deal. :] I can definitely see myself doing more of this in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment