Saturday, February 26, 2011

shortening blinds

Barbie came in town last week! It was so fun to have her around. We went to watch Roddick at the tennis tournament and we ate a ton of delicious food, but mostly we got to work renovating the new condo. Let me tell you, she is a furious little worker!

One task she took on was to clean the blinds. I wasn't coming near that job. The previous owner was not the cleanest and a serious indoor smoker, so I'm sure you could imagine the state of the blinds. Anyway, in order to clean them, she had to take all the slats out (about 500!!) and wash them one by one. I still can't believe she did that.

Clearly, she was a blind pro at the end of that task, so I took advantage of her expertise, and asked her to help me knock #40 off on my list. There's been a blind in my bathroom with about 15 extra slats in it that I have wanted to shorten for 4 years now. Seriously, 4 years! Embarassing, huh? Well, thanks to Barbie's help we put that streak to an end.

Love you, Mom! Thanks again for all your amazing work!!

Mom showing me how to get it started

the finished product!

No comments:

Post a Comment