Tuesday, June 7, 2011

It's a cloudy day.

jk, there's a seriously blazing hot sun out today. By cloudy, I actually mean the digital cloud, that beautiful little storage system in the sky. Goal number 29 is "upload pics/music to the cloud," and here's the backstory:

I had the painful lesson not too long ago where I learned about the fragility of portable hard drives, especially crappy Western Digital! I lost some old photos/videos, so if you have one, be gentle. seriously. Try not to move it around too much. Thankfully, I'm finally getting over the loss and moving on to LaCie. This brand comes recommended by the IT guy at work (who also had 2 Western Digitals crap out on him. Apparently, they are known in the industry to not be very reliable.) If you're looking to get one, check out the Starck series. I recently picked up the TB version. It's freaking beautiful and am very pleased so far. But enough of this side rant, back to the cloud...

Even though I have a new portable hard drive, I'm still worried about losing my data. So, a week or two ago, I threw 20 bucks at Google for 80 gigs of extra space. It seems to take forever to upload, but I'm on my way! Here's proof of the progress:


No comments:

Post a Comment