Monday, June 27, 2011

the pancake house

Yesterday, Brian and I had a lazy morning and went for brunch at The Pancake House. It's one of those dive breakfast places that's dingy and sticky, but you don't really notice because the character of the decor/people as well as the tantalizing smells steal your attention.

It's been on my places to eat list for awhile now (#100). It first caught my eye because it is right next door to my favorite place in town to get salsa, Taqueria la Guadalupana. Every time I'd stop to pick up una salsa grande after work, I would see people still coming and going from The P. House. I figured if the place was still busy even around dinner time, you knew it had to be good.

Fortunately, Brian and I like all the same foods (except mushrooms...gross), so we trade plates halfway through our meals all the time. This brunch was no exception, so I started with the western omelet (no cheese of course), crispy hashbrowns, and fluffy biscuits, and then finished with Brian's buttery pancakes. All of the above was delish, but I have to say, they really should change their name to The Biscuit House. Those biscuits were the bomb dizzle.








1 comment: