Sunday, April 10, 2011

painting pros (except I dripped on my shirt)

I live a pretty self-centered life. This was made very obvious to me after getting Turkey. Having to make "do your business" runs outside at 12, 3, & 5AM every night made it clear that life wasn't just about what Nicole wanted to do anymore. (I imagine it's 10x more intense having a child.) This was a nice reminder that I need to think more about others. Hence, #22, regular volunteering.

Saturday morning, Brian and I went to work on a Habitat for Humanity house that Hunter is helping to sponsor. It's the first Habitat community that has ever been built in Memphis, so it's exciting to be a part of it. The schedule called for a painting day, so we grabbed the brushes and rollers and got to work. Even though we had been doing a lot of painting recently on the condo project, we couldn't complain because it was a beautiful sunny day! I got to work on my tan. ;]

No comments:

Post a Comment