Sunday, August 28, 2011

haboob!

Such a funny word. I bet it's hard for the weather reporters to say it with a straight face. If you're not from Arizona, let me explain... a haboob, "strong wind" in Arabic, is an intense dust storm that is really only common in the middle east and southwest US. The interesting thing about these storms is that you can literally see them rolling into town in sort of an apocalyptic kind of way.


Here's a time lapse video to give you a better idea:



Crazy, right?! So, as you might imagine, everything gets plastered in dust.
Lexi took this picture of our patio table.



My mom's car wasn't in the garage on this particular evening, so it was in desperate need of a wash. Since you now know about my interest in shooting car washes, I happily volunteered to get it cleaned. You wouldn't believe the lines at the Clean Freak car wash. They were making some bank!


haboob mess








No comments:

Post a Comment