Sunday, August 7, 2011

PVC pipe + forearm forklift = chair!

Good and bad news is that I'm really far behind on my blog posts. It's good news because I've accomplished a lot of goals lately! Bad news because I haven't made time to write about them. A big reason why I haven't is because Brian and I were in serious go-mode to finish the condo renovation project. For the last two weeks in July every free minute was devoted to git-er-done. The condo project wasn't on my list, but a major goal accomplished nonetheless. Here are a couple before and after pics:




So, now that that is behind us, I have a lot more free time to write about goals like number 78, glue the PVC chair together. This is a project that was 95% completed last fall. I had cut all the pipes (it brought me back to my OM days) and sewn the forearm forklifts (which Brian donated that were leftover from a move).



It was usable, but if I moved when I was sitting, the pipes could come undone. Not the most comforting feeling. Hence, the need for glue. Well, today was the day...


it sat around so long that it was eventually broken down and thrown in the extra room

the dogs were putting together their own sticks


ta-da!

Brian caught me through the window trying it out.
If I look pissed, it's because my icecream isn't melting fast enough. :]


2 comments:

  1. It looks so good! I want to live there! You have really good taste, Nic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. phew, man, geez, golly. I'm glad you guys finished that condo, I needed some moody bloggin.

    ReplyDelete