Monday, August 15, 2011

so fresh and so clean clean

I have a confession.

I go to the oil change station on the corner not because it's convenient or because I trust the guys, and surely not because it's a good deal. No, I go there because with every oil change you get a free car wash.

I'm such a sucker, I know, but that little complimentary bonus is such a satisfying treat for me. Of course, there is the convenience of not having to get out the bucket, sponges, hose, etc, but it's more than that. It's the surreal experience of being in the center of a rainbow-soap spewing, sponge-flap smacking, water-jet pelting storm that does it for me. As a friend in college put it, "It's like going back into the womb." haha

So, how does this relate to a goal? Well, #52 is to do a couple car wash shoots. This became a goal, because one time when I was redeeming a free wash I took some pictures. They turned out to be quite nice in an abstract sort of way, so I wanted to explore it further. Here are a couple shots from my trip to Colorado back in March (a bit slow, huh?):








this one I really cranked on the contrast in P-shop for even more abstraction




Another goal that I tried to do when I was in Denver was #72, see Chandra dance. Unfortunately, there were no shows going on when I was there. However, thought I'd mention that we did get to see her larger than life poster hanging downtown. Pretty cool huh?!

3 comments:

  1. The Old Man (my car) has never looked better! Great shots! That poster is still up, I look at it every time I'm downtown. Does this mean you're forced to come back to Denver to see Chandra dance? Make it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the car wash shots! I love car washes. Not that you'd know it to look at my car.

    ReplyDelete