Thursday, July 19, 2012

my muse was Muse!

I've always been curious about web design. My appetite was whetted back in my senior year of college when we spent two sessions in my rendering class on Image Ready, a sister software to Photoshop which was used for web design. Obviously, just two classes worth of information didn't make me a pro, but it was just enough to make me realize that I had the tools to make a website on my own! This was very exciting!


The first thing I tried to make was a portfolio website, and nicolemoody.com was born! Following soon after was the infamous moodymoovies.com. This site was my real baby, and I loved spending time on it. However, it got to the point where the novelty of having websites wore off, and I realized that it was kind of a royal pain to update information on them, because the software I was using was archaic.


Fast forward to 2012, seven years since my first site, and the technology has obviously gotten much better. I had my eyes on Flash and/or Dreamweaver, so goal #86 was to learn one of these pieces of software. However, Adobe decided to flip the script and it created a new website-building software just for me! Muse! It's perfect for someone who wants to dabble in the web world, but doesn't want to learn code or complex programs like Flash or Dreamweaver. There was a seminar on Muse at the University of Hawaii a couple months ago, so I went and learned the basics of the program for half a day. I got excited about web design again and I dove right into updating moodymoovies.com (#9) after a LONG hiatus. Check it out!



It still needs some work done on it (I think I want to bring back the family pictures), but it was very satisfying to do an update and try something new. Like my last post, this goal got a twist, but it still accomplished the idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment