Friday, July 27, 2012

table is glued!

This has to be THE most procrastinated goal on my list- #23 Glue table together. This task of doing the final gluing on a table that I made in a furniture design class at SCAD was 7 years in the making. Let me repeat, I avoided doing this simple project for 7 whole years! Once I had everything I needed (just wood glue and a securing mechanism) it took an entire 5 minutes to complete. For how easy it was, it seems so silly that I put it off now that it's over with.


The impetus for finally getting 'er done was the idea that I could use a ratchet strap to secure the pieces tightly together when the glue was drying. Up until this point I thought I had to get my hands on some clamps. However, even if I got clamps I was worried about using them for fear I would damage the diagonal corners on which all of the pressure would have to be placed for tightening. Thank goodness for moments of creative inspiration!




No comments:

Post a Comment