Friday, July 20, 2012

portraits

I had two opportunities come up recently where I was able to accomplish goal #21- Start practicing taking portraits of friends. This is something I really want to get better at, so what better way than practice, right?! I hadn't really busted out my cam cam since the honeymoon, so it was about durn time!

The first shoot I had was with Brian's friends from from work, Kate and Adam. The reason for taking the pictures was because Kate was 9 months preggers! I had never taken pictures before of someone who was pregnant, so I was just kind of making it up as I went. A couple of shots had a bit of a blur that I wasn't happy about, but overall I was fairly pleased with the results!




Their first baby Lana :]




And Kate had her baby, Kyden, on the 9th, so now I get to take pictures of him! Super excited! Shooting Kate and Adam was a good warm-up for a paid job that I found off of craigslist to capture a guy, Dan, proposing to his girlfriend, Mary, on the beach of Waikiki. Shooting Kate and Adam was very relaxed, and not even really planned, but a proposal?! Sheesh, I was nervous! 

Luckily, it turned out that Dan was very easy going too, AND as it turned out, an industrial designer! We got along well. When it was "go time", I did make a rookie mistake and didn't get the the ideal action shots that I wanted, but the pictures worked out nonetheless. Thankfully, the pressure was off after the surprise and the portraits session went more smoothly. Here are my favorites:

 

She said YES!








I think I want to follow in Lexi's footsteps and do more of this!

No comments:

Post a Comment