Wednesday, July 18, 2012

sewing project

When I updated my list the other day I realized I was quite behind on getting posts written for completed goals. One of these was #61- Sew Turkey's bed. For awhile there, Turkey was chewing on anything he could get his little paws on. Did I say little? I meant beastly. He especially liked to get a hold of the zippers on his beds and chew them off to get to the stuffing. Awesome.

Needless to say, I had enough of buying new beds, so I decided that I would just make my own, sans zippers. I bought the fabric and was ready to go, but then a different project came up that the fabric was perfect for, so I switched gears. I decided to make Lexi a purse camera bag! Her birthday was coming up and I had seen her express interest in this site on facebook, but I'm too cheap to shell out $150+ for a purse no matter how cute. So, I thought I would make her one instead!

I googled DIY purse camera bag, and found quite a few good tutorials. This one seemed like my speed, so I gave it a shot. I found a cute purse at Marshalls, got some velcro, and pulled out some old packaging materials I had saved to reuse. After whipping out my sewing machine, I went to town! Here are the results:


before 

after!


No comments:

Post a Comment